Friday, April 30, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

This recipe is from my wife's aunt Jenni. It's almost like a cake once it's been baked.


1 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup skim milk
1 apple, chopped (optional)

Mix oil, sugar and egg with a mixer until yellow and glossy.

Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium until blended. Mix in whatever fruit you want.

Pour into a 9x9 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Serve with milk.


4 comments:

  1. I had this for the first time with an American friend about a month ago. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a type of cake/bar cookie. Looks so good...perfect for breakfast with tea/coffee or milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about baked oatmeal somewhere and I thought "Ooh how intriguing!". I am an oatmeal freak and this is just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really tasty! I'll have to put it together and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete